All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Account Supervisor, Managed Care
A pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing agency.
Our client has an immediate opening for an Account Supervisor.
- Supports the SVP-Enterprise Lead and VP-Account Group Supervisor with respect to the managed care marketing, advertising development, and servicing of the assigned accounts and brands.
- General Responsibilities
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients and support new business development efforts outside of existing client base
- Sell in new programs and tactics
- Develop and foster relationships with existing clients while selling in various offerings
- Keep abreast of developments and news within the pharmaceutical industry and managed markets to further professional knowledge and provide insights to clients
- Evolve strategic direction and messaging of promotional programs during working sessions with clients
- Write initial drafts of proposals and creative briefs
- Write and disseminate Client Contact Reports (CCRs) after key meetings with clients
- Interface with internal departments (eg Copy, Studio, Editorial, etc.) to address strategy, messaging, or client direction questions as they arise during project development
- Client Service Responsibilities
- Ensures that the services required by the accounts s/he supports are properly performed. Responsible for the internal administration of accounts - making certain that the team performs effectively in the mechanics of their assignments including the following:
- Communicate updates to weekly status report to Traffic. Updates include: client contact information, project development insights, financial information, and % complete information
- Provide project status updates and direction to internal delivery team members during internal weekly status meetings
- Participate in project estimating and budgeting process / meetings
- Provide strategic direction during internal project kick-off meetings to ensure appropriate direction is taken by delivery team throughout project development process
- Support and participate in client med/reg review process for assigned projects
- Manage all aspects of project finance including but not limited to: invoicing approval, job closings, % complete, and forecasts
- Monitor budgets on a weekly basis for all assigned projects and initiate proactive budget discussions with Enterprise Lead such as:
- Burn rate is ahead / behind project completion status
- Budget change requirements due to scope creep / change
- OOP expense vs. budget trends
- Working closely with traffic and program management, identify and manage scope changes / creep including securing additional funding from client when appropriate
- Lead project status meetings on a regular basis with clients
- Contribute to and participate in new business pitches
- Ensure timely communication of pertinent information to other CH agencies with mutual clients to identify synergies and opportunities for integrated promotional campaigns
- Prepares informative and accurate conference reports and/or other memoranda, communicating in detail their progress with clients, and that such communications are distributed promptly to all client and agency personnel concerned.
- Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of any written document, including conference reports and marketing plans, before submission to the client.
- Knowledge of managed markets, Medicare and commercial payers
- Working understanding of reimbursement for oral and injectable pharmaceutical products
- Knowledge of specialty pharmacy distributors
- Excellent account management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creativity; able to create opportunities that may not be apparent
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid collaboration skills; ability to interact with internal and client teams
- Independent thinking and innovation
- Tactical leadership and execution
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Managed markets experience a must
- 5+ years of healthcare marketing and communications experience preferred
- Advanced degree (RPh, MBA, RN, MPH, etc.) preferred but not required
- Healthcare communication experience may include: brand/product management, sales, marketing, account management, professional advertising, managed care marketing and promotion, and/or medical education