All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
An accredited, full-service medical education company with an excellent work environment and top-notch client roster. They are involved in the research, design, and implementation of educational programs for health care professionals.
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of medical communications programs from inception to completion. The primary aspects include the facilitation of multidisciplinary program teams, interfacing with each department within the company, meeting client and management expectations, establishing strong faculty relationships, and ensuring that programs remain on target and within agreed-upon parameters. The Account Manager is responsible for budget development, maintenance and reconciliation, managing external suppliers, keeping programs on time and focused on primary objectives, providing ongoing updates to internal team members and client contact(s), and resource management. The number of simultaneous programs managed by each Account Manager is dependent on the scope and nature of each initiative.
In order to perform these functions, the Account Manager must have strong verbal and written communication skills. He/she must also be highly organized, have experience leading multidisciplinary teams, be adept at multitasking and prioritizing activities, have strong financial management skills, and be able/eager to motivate others.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and faculty members.
- Maintain and manage timely and professional written and verbal communications with clients and faculty members.
- Ensure client expectations are met on all levels of program activity.
- Establish and maintain a strong knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and medical education.
- Develop new program budgets.
- Contribute to new business development activities within the account team.
- Assist Business Unit Director and /or Vice President in skills development and mentoring of team members.
- Manage budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual programs.
- Schedule and conduct start-up, interim and final team meetings for each program, establish and maintain time and events schedules, and provide ongoing updates to client and team as required by account team on each initiative to ensure successful management and completion.
- Facilitate progress of multidisciplinary program teams to ensure within-budget, on-time, on-strategy performance.
- Oversee and facilitate development of all program activities, including faculty recruitment and ongoing communication, audience generation, content development, logistics management, registration/participant communication, production of materials, supplier performance, central file management.
- Assist in training new account team members as required.
- Maintain company policies and CME guidelines (ACCME and DCME for program implementation and enduring material development) as they pertain to all activities.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- An advanced degree in science or business is preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant job experience and experience in a healthcare communications environment is required.
- Marketing and/or communications program management experience in a medical or healthcare environment is required, as is the ability to grasp and retain scientific information. Computer aptitude (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet) is a must.