All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
International healthcare communications company providing a wide range of research and marketing support services to clients in the healthcare industry.
Our client is seeking full-time Medical Writers in the areas of Oncology and Diabetes. A Medical Writer is responsible for research in therapeutic areas in order to write, edit and proof-read text for products as well as work with design and production teams to produce a range of printed and computer-based materials to meet the needs of clients.
Experience and qualifications
- Research medical and scientific topics relating to specific therapeutic areas utilizing various information services including in-house reference system, on-line journal subscriptions, libraries, and literature search databases.
- Source appropriate information for editorial projects and proposals, including reference retrieval and photocopying of references, write or edit publication manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, and other materials that utilize assimilated knowledge of therapeutic area.
- Proof-read all editorial work to comply with company and AMA style
- Contribute ideas for optimizing design and layout of assigned editorial projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences from an accredited college or university required, ideally combined with a Master’s degree, PhD or PharmD.
- Two to four year’s relevant medical information, communications, or marketing writing experience required (agency or pharmaceutical), or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: General computer literacy required, Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word, Proficiency in online medical resource searching (i.e., Ovid, Medline, Pub Med, etc.).
- Commitment to quality
- Team player
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Listening skills
- Time management