All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Director, Business Development
A provider of medical education and communication services to the healthcare industry.
Our client is seeking a seasoned new business development professional with a proven track record of selling medical communication offerings, particularly high-volume medical education services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The position focuses on innovative eMedia-based services. The individual will drive the end-to-end effort to secure new business, from targeting opportunities and qualifying prospects, through developing proposals and closing business. The ideal candidate is self-driven, results-oriented and comfortable in dealing with senior pharmaceutical executives. Must be an empathic communicator and able to see things from the client’s point-of-view.
- Identify and establish new business through networking at major pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies.
- Take the lead in client presentations and the development of proposals, applying excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborate with a client service team to develop cutting-edge programs, overseeing this process from creation to execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years relevant job experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or healthcare sales/marketing/agency environment.
- Interactive marketing experience (defined as direct marketing, emarketing, customer relationship marketing) is strongly preferred.
- Preferred - experience with relevant therapeutic areas such as Primary Care/Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Psychiatry, Neurology, Endocrinology, Oncology/Hematology, Gastroenterology, Pediatrics and Pulmonary.
- Travel as needed, approximately 25%.