All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Director Of Scientific Services
Full-service, Continuing Medical Education (CME) agency that services strategic development and implementation of long-term medical education programs.
Responsible for directing, overseeing, and managing the Company’s Scientific Services department in three locations. Drives the strategic planning, development, execution, and delivery of scientific initiatives through live, face-to-face interaction with clients, customers and staff at all levels. Ensures continued growth and profitability of business through high-level scientific and strategic project delivery, including and identification and acquisition of new clients/business.
Department consists of the following teams
- Medical Directors
- Medical Writers
- Editorial Services
- Research Department
- Library Services
- Freelance/Flexible staff members
- Provide leadership, mentoring, training and management or entire Scientific Services team
- Responsible for Department growth, direction, work product, client relationships, resource management and issue resolution
- As member of executive team, works with President to determine future strategy and direction for company divisions and offerings
- Leads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Creates compelling scientific messaging, content development and strategic insights for clients projects, speaker needs, and internal staff education
- Identifies and seeks out new business opportunities and expansion of existing accounts.
- Develops and generates written proposals to meet client marketing strategies
- Leads and participates in client pitches
- Builds and maintains strong client relationships
- Advises clients on message development, marketing strategies and tactical recommendations
- Interfaces with clients and key opinion leaders to help facilitate initiatives
- Consistently achieve and exceed client and staff expectations - intra and inter-department communications, relationships, continuity, quality and timely end product results
- Directs the strategic & scientific development of projects and programs, such as Advisory Board plans - including topics, rationale, need, advisor selection, discussion guides and meeting facilitation; brand message planning, scientific content development - including strategic direction on overcoming challenges, topics, PRC negotiation, and presentation ideas; publication planning, speaker training and overall brand strategy and annual brand planning.
- Initiates and participates in strategic and tactical brainstorming sessions across all initiatives within the company.
- Keeps abreast of market news, trends, and competitive activity
- Identify and implement initiatives for innovation and new product offerings
- Motivates and leads a high performance team; attracts, recruits, and retains members; mentoring and enabling professional growth and career development.
- Understands and upholds company’s mission and values
- Performs other duties as requested.
- PhD/MD degree a must
- Minimum 7 years medical education/scientific communications and/or pharmaceutical strategy experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong presentation skills; ability to influence others
- Must possess team building capabilities
- Proficient in areas of management and development
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Strong strategic and analytical capabilities
- Sound judgment capabilities
- Detail oriented and able to effectively multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Clear knowledge of AMA guidelines, proposal writing, and document editing skills necessary
- Clinical research, expertise in oncology, ophthalmology, cardiovascular science/medicine and publication experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Solutions-oriented, problem-solver, team-player
- Positive attitude a must
- Previous company leadership and growth experience a plus