All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Group Scientific Supervisor
Full-service, Continuing Medical Education (CME) agency that services strategic development and implementation of long-term medical education programs.
The Scientific Supervisor is responsible for providing direction in support of the clients’ marketing goals. The Scientific Supervisor will develop and oversee projects that demand a high degree of scientific and/or technical understanding. Central to the respective account and editorial teams in this regard. The Scientific Supervisor should be able to support the Managing Directors and/or other staff with new business development.
- A key responsibility of the Scientific Supervisor is to ensure that clients are pleased with the deliverables our client provides from a scientific and marketing basis, and if not, to identify and remedy this.
- The Scientific Supervisor is intimately knowledgeable with the therapeutic areas in which he or she works. The Scientific Supervisor should be able to instill confidence in the client and physician advisors to the extent that counsel on issues of content and scientific viability in educational and promotional materials is seriously heeded. The Scientific Supervisor should be able to guide the client and physician advisors on specialist areas of scientific communications, such as publication strategies, and their execution, CME programs, on-line computer communication, and other specialized medical communications vehicles.
- The Scientific Supervisor will advise the client on how science can augment their marketing efforts and support development of strategies and tactical plans. In the process of developing clients’ existing projects, the Scientific Supervisor should maintain a view towards identifying new business needs and opportunities.
- The Scientific Supervisor works with Account and Editorial Services in a team environment. As a manager, their expertise will be critical to the training of more junior team members. The Scientific Supervisor should be instrumental in helping to identify staffing needs and maintain staffing efficiencies.
- The Scientific Supervisor is accountable for the client satisfaction, scientific accuracy and rigor, and strategic and creative excellence of all projects and proposals for which he/she is responsible.
- The Scientific Supervisor is accountable for delivering agreed to projects on time.
- The Scientific Supervisor is critical to the maintenance and development of business and is accountable for success of the client relationship.
- Accountable for demonstrating leadership.
- Accountable for team training and morale.
- Because of the level of familiarity with scientific and clinical material required for the position, the Scientific Supervisor should have a proven background in science and/or medicine, preferably in an area compatible to one or more key therapeutic areas.
- A postgraduate degree beyond MS level is preferred (PhD, PharmD, MD, etc.) with first-hand research or clinical practice experience.
- Publications in the scientific/medical peer-reviewed literature are desirable.
- The Scientific Supervisor will have at least two years experience in the application of his or her scientific/medical expertise in the marketing environment and a proven understanding of CME accreditation procedures, journal publishing, and all current and emerging academic and clinical communication vehicles.
- The Scientific Supervisor will be able to provide guidance to account and editorial teams on project development.
- The Scientific Supervisor will be able help identify opportunities for business growth as they bond with the client.
- The Scientific Supervisor must display willingness to work overtime, attend off-hours events, and travel extensively domestically and internationally.