All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Director, Editorial Services
International healthcare communications company providing a wide range of research and marketing support services to clients in the healthcare industry.
Our client is seeking a full-time Director, Editorial Services. The Director, Editorial Services, is responsible for directing a team of medical writers and senior medical writers that research specialized areas of medical science in order to write, edit and proof-read text for products as well as work with design and production teams to produce a range of printed and computer-based materials to meet the needs of clients.
Some duties and responsibilities that the Director, Editorial Services will have include, but are not limited to the following. Research medical and scientific topics utilizing various information services including in-house reference system, on-line journal subscriptions, libraries, and literature search databases, research and source appropriate medical literature for editorial projects and proposals (often within a tight timeline), assist with development of concepts and planning for editorial projects, write or edit publication manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, and other materials that utilize assimilated knowledge of specialized therapeutic area, proof-read all editorial work to comply with AMA style, assist or take the lead in creative development, and writing detailed proposals for new business, attend and present at client meetings for new business where appropriate, direct planning and executing of all editorial projects, determine deadlines and budgeted editorial hours for each project undertaken, either from the relevant client service representative or senior editorial colleague, communicate regularly with editorial teams in our client’s other offices in order to share best practice ideas to achieve great efficiency, commissioning of articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences from an accredited college or university required, ideally combined with a Mater’s degree, PhD or PharmD. PharmD with residency and publication/writing experience or experience in medical or pharmaceutical field strongly preferred.
- At least eight year’s relevant medical information, communications, or marketing writing experience required (agency or pharmaceutical), or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience in mentoring and managing staff required.
- General computer literacy required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
- Proficiency in online medical resource searching (i.e., Ovid, Medline, Pub Med, etc.).
- Commitment to quality
- Team player
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Listening skills
- Time management