All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Director Of Business Development, Promotional Communications
Work At Home
A promotional medical education company.
The Director of Business Development, Promotional Communications will be responsible for generating new business for our client’s Medical Communications division, which specializes in services such as scientific platform development, strategic publication planning, advocacy development, and promotional medical education. This position requires someone who is both a proven new business developer and a strong strategic thinker. In addition, the selected candidate needs to have solid experience and expertise selling medical communications pre-launch services.
The Director of Business Development, Promotional Communications will be responsible for all aspects of new business and account development, handling the responsibilities outlined below.
- Research company product pipelines to identify prospective clients
- Contact the identified prospects via phone and/or email as needed to arrange meetings and presentations
- Develop recommended strategies and tactics for the prospective clients
- Develop PowerPoint presentations to present our client’s capabilities and services and the recommended strategies and tactics
- Actively participate in new business pitches, including pitches for medical education/scientific agency of record assignments
- Write proposals
- Continually recommend ideas to grow secured accounts
- Five to 8 years healthcare communications experience
- Proven new business development experience, including presentation and proposal development; examples of successful presentations and proposals a must
- Previous experience working at a scientific/medical communications agency
- Expertise in pre-launch medical communications, including scientific platform development, publication planning, and advocacy development
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and current key issues
- Experience developing and communicating strategic ideas
- Self-starter who can demonstrate resourcefulness, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationships with KOLs a plus
- Global experience and expertise a plus