All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Vice President, Group Account Services
An accredited, full-service medical education company with an excellent work environment and top-notch client roster. They are involved in the research, design, and implementation of educational programs for health care professionals.
Leads multiple client account teams, ensures delivery of cohesive and innovative strategic medical education plans through flawless programming execution. Works directly with Account Directors to establish client service standards, educational strategies, provide strategic direction to meet client marketing objectives for brands.
Accountable for revenue growth within existing client accounts, and developing new business opportunities in support of the Company’s revenue goals. Mentors Account Directors in assisting them with recognizing organic growth opportunities within their client accounts.
Responsible for establishing strong client relationships at the strategic level and participating in proposal development and new business activities (including group-wide new business efforts) to cultivate opportunities to grow and develop client business. Reports financial status of current and future business to the Senior Leadership on a monthly basis.
Participates in all management team activities and works with other department managers to facilitate inter- and intra-department communication, conflict resolution, and general operating procedures.
- Internal Operations - Business
- Works with Account teams to understand/interpret client needs and ensures overall client expectations are met and surpassed
- Provides clear strategic direction to account teams
- Develops account relationships to supplement relationships at the account management levels
- Grows business within current accounts and introduces network companies to opportunities on current accounts
- Apprises SVP regarding account status, new business opportunities, and personnel issues
- Works closely with company leadership in Meetings, Creative Services, Finance and Human Resources to monitor resources, work flow, and ensure that client needs are being met and surpassed
- Achieves stated client revenue goals for each account managed
- Provides financial status reports on signed, anticipated and lost revenue to SVP on monthly basis
- Internal Operations - People
- Leads and directs account team operations, including issues management, capacity planning, resources, etc to support new and existing customer needs
- Oversees account teams for revenue, expenses and efficiencies within each account. Reports team business status, reconciliation and forecasting to SVP and management team
- Actively participates in recruitment and development of direct team members, aligning account management staff development with current and future business needs
- Provides a leadership role in hiring, training, mentoring, providing continuous feedback with direct reports and ensures the same process takes place between Account Directors and their respective teams
- Continuously looks for ways to appropriately reward and motive good work and dedication to the client and the Company
- Assists the Account Directors in the development of strategic and creative input to their respective client programming initiatives
- Client Operations
- Acts as a resource for client(s) through all client marketing strategies (proposals, new ideas, tactical plans, etc) by providing clients with high-level counsel and strategic advice with respect to their associated brands
- Builds and maintains positive, lasting client relationships; ensures the client perceives that the Company is always providing value-added services
- New Business
- Actively seeks new assignments and revenue opportunities
- Actively pursues new business opportunities within existing clients
- Develops additional business organically
- Leads and/or contributes to proposal development and capabilities presentations
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- An advanced degree in Life Sciences or Business is preferred
- 7+ years of global healthcare marketing experience, including medical education communications
- 5+ years experience of demonstrated success in a senior leadership role
- Understanding of P&L responsibility
- Proven success in growing existing and new business
- Pharmaceutical industry depth of knowledge, including all stages of product lifecycle
- Experience in launching pharmaceutical products (strategic planning and branding)
- Understanding of the digital and healthcare marketing spaces
- Demonstrated track record of developing innovative programs with successful results
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal skills with an ability to make complex messages simple and compelling in new business presentations, to existing clients