All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Strategic Account Manager
Our client is a leader in developing strategic marketing and continuing medical education initiatives for medical professionals. They are strategically aligned with multiple best in class specialty companies in the areas of interactive media, internet programming and market research. Our client specializes in consulting and partnering with pharmaceutical and health care organizations in the development and distribution of innovative custom communication solutions. They offer a unique entrepreneurial working environment with the professional resources to deliver innovative scientific programming with a flare.
Our client is currently seeking talented, experienced candidates for Strategic Account Managers. Ideal candidates will have experience in medical consulting, medical and/or health care communications, and/or pharmaceutical marketing.
The primary responsibility includes a strong ability to communicate and consult with marketing, medical, sales, education, and training executives within the pharmaceutical/healthcare marketplace. Position will consult with product marketing teams in the development of cost effective communications strategies to educate and change behavior of a defined target audience. This position will also develop and present business proposals to existing marketing and medical clients in order to expand business. This role is responsible for managing client expectations, physician opinion leaders, and strategic partners along with collaborating with operations and scientific affairs teams in fulfillment of multiple projects.
- Building and expand relationships with Product/Brand Managers, Clinical Faculty and Marketing Executives of Fortune 100 pharmaceutical and health care companies.
- Define, develop and fulfill creative communication marketing and medical education strategies, including: Consultant/advisory strategies, CME video/audio conferences, live meeting events, publication/print programs, and various other direct communication strategies.
- Develop and implement sales targeting plan and strategic business forecast leading to improved sales revenue for a defined client or geographic area.
- Liaise with client and operations team on defining expectations and meeting business targets for defined client customer.
- Leads the development of client relationships.
- Deep understanding of product lifecycle models, communication offerings and product marketing
- Ability to help lead the team in strategic planning for a therapeutic product class, product or disease area.
- Ability to define, negotiate and manage issues provided by internal team or client.
- Develops, communicates and manages to new business forecasts and client targets within assigned client base.
- Ability to work within cross functional teams to translate strategy into goals/tasks for implementation.
- Develop, present and execute marketing strategies and proposals for existing clients.
- Liaise with client to define project specifications and milestones.
- Consults with operations to define and fulfill project within goals, timelines, budget, and staffing requirements.
- Coordinates with operations and scientific affairs management on defining internal team and responsibilities.
- Conducts new project kickoff interdepartmental team meetings.
- Reviews internal status reports prepared by operations and finance teams.
- Regularly develops and communicates status reports with management and client.
- Monitors project and team results against client expectations.
- Manages with operations the documentation of clients’ project change requests.
- Coordinates fiscal/budgetary obligation throughout the multiple projects for the assigned clients.
- Educates the team on any special rules and expectations client may have relating to the business being conducted
- Become well educated in the appropriate regulatory and governmental environments impacting client and projects
This position requires a person with a high energy level, strong written and verbal communications and comfortable interfacing with multiple client management levels. This position requires the ability to multitask and manage multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. In addition the following skills are required:
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong leadership skills.
- Client relationship management
- Client oriented with focus on sales results.
- Sound judgment and reasoning.
- Superior interpersonal abilities that can manage diverse personalities.
- Participative management style-advocate of team concept.
- Well-organized and strong multitasking skills.
- Project management skills.
- College degree (advance degree a plus) with 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the medical education, pharmaceutical marketing and/or pharmaceutical advertising.
- Existing clients or relationships that could expand existing or potential new business opportunities a plus.
- Strong talent in communication, relationship building and team management.
- Impeccable client management and sales skills.
- Knowledge and creativity to consult and develop strategic marketing and educational programs.
- Full Time Position Reporting to Vice President of Strategic Consulting
- This career may require up to 60% travel including nights and weekends to attend client meetings and regional, national and international conferences.