All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
VP Medical Director
Our client is comprised of several organizations dedicated to addressing the unmet educational needs of physicians and other health care professionals. Guided by strategic insight, medical acumen, and client service, our client specializes in distinct service areas of health care marketing and communications.
- Provides leadership, motivation and direction to the medical affairs division
- Demonstrates in depth understanding of all assigned therapeutic areas within division.
- Consistently develops highly credible content for full range of medical education programs (promotional and CME) without supervision
- Able to direct the development of medical education content for all types of programs by associate and assistant medical directors, and freelance medical writers
- Responsible for ensuring the scientific quality and message integrity for content across entire division. Works closely with assistant and associate medical directors, editors and account team to assure the quality, scientific integrity, core message integrity by providing clear feedback and didactic guidance to junior team
- Able to lead discussions regarding medical content with client
- Able to lead discussions with medical affairs team and KOLs regarding content development issues
- Able to lead discussions regarding strategic tactical planning with client
- Able to lead discussions regarding strategic tactical planning with internal team members
- Manages medical affairs group within division (see section below)
- Integrates workflows of medical affairs and editorial within the division
- Adds value to all project quality outcomes by demonstrating in depth technical expertise of assigned therapeutic category areas, and significant medical education experience
- Development and delivery of presentations that provide tangible benefit to junior medical affairs team
- Plays a pivotal role in the success of new business pitch planning and delivery.
- Demonstrates high level of comfort articulating tactical recommendations as well as clinical/pharmacologic information
- Engineers comprehensive, integrated, strategic promotional medical education, CME campaigns, primary and secondary publication plans for any given therapeutic category or agent
- Able to significantly contribute to organic and de novo new business initiatives
- Proactively iterates and shapes medical affairs operations and workflow within division
- Actively manages career development and ongoing performance assessment of junior medical affairs team within division. (see section below)
- Screens and interviews potential candidates for medical affairs group
- Has established reputation for excellence, scientific authority and leadership with client, KOLs, and medical affairs team
- Serves as an ambassador for medical affairs department at external scientific and industry meetings
- Solicits potential employees for medical affairs group in keeping with business unit needs
- Networks to solicit new business leads and ideas for business unit growth
- Advanced degree in life sciences, PhD, PharmD, MD, DO, DPH
- Minimum 2 years medical education experience or 3 years combined clinical and medical education experience
- Significant involvement (from conception through implementation) in a broad spectrum of medical education programs (both promotional and CME). Promotional medical education: advisory boards, KOL advocacy development, KOL influence mapping, speaker training, publication planning, field force medical education etc. CME: congress and symposia programming, curriculum development meetings, interactive CME, spin-off materials, CME supplements, grand rounds, CME speakers bureaus etc.
- Significant managerial experience