All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Senior Account Supervisor
A firm specializing in health care communications and strategic consulting in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Senior Account Supervisor serves as team lead in supporting business development/sales efforts through overseeing and delivering projects in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. The Senior Account Supervisor is the primary service delivery management resource with a key customer advocacy role, responsible for assuring client satisfaction. The Senior Account Supervisor serves as a liaison between business development/sales and internal operations and is responsible for the success and profitability of all continuing education and brand support projects. Associate Account Executive, Account Executive and/or Senior Account Executive team members report directly to the Senior Account Supervisor. The Senior Account Supervisor is responsible for managing and mentoring his/her direct reports on a daily basis and for creating and implementing their development plans.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
Education or Equivalent:
- The development of proposals, budgets and reconciliations to ensure minimum net and gross profit standards/requirements
- Collaborates with all teams to ensure proposal development is accurate and all teams hours are captured (traffic, production, creative, clinical/copy, meeting services)
- Accountable for maintaining minimum gross and net profit percentage requirements/standards for all assigned accounts
- Works within and manages to a budgeted labor hours by job and position level, to ensure minimum standards of job profitability.
- Monitors budgets including direct costs and labor costs to ensure team members/direct reports are managing to assigned budgeted labor hours and managing direct costs
- Maintains and/or exceeds minimum billable utilization percentages for position level
- Ensures that direct reports/team members maintain and/or exceed minimum billable utilization percentages for position level.
- Maintain and manage existing business opportunities with existing clients
- Assumes primary lead for the client upon client acceptance of proposal
- Function as internal team leader ensuring all members of the team work together smoothly and effectively
- Manage, mentor, and supervise personnel at the Account Supervisor, Associate Account Executive, Account Executive and/or Senior Account Executive position
- Provides direction to Account Supervisor regarding the all aspects of project management to ensure client expectations are met if not exceeded
- Conduct performance reviews, prepare development plan, and MBO’s for direct reports
- Provides budget status & communication w/ Client
- Utilizes tools to manage projects including project briefs, proposal templates, budget tools
- Collaborates with internal team on overall project plan, objectives, milestones & deliverables
- Liaison with client for signatures on contracts when applicable
- Initiates and maintains faculty relationships
- Routes administrative pieces through clients’ internal processes (when applicable)
- Leads calls with faculty and/or content experts regarding content and direction
- Reviews and forwards status/contact reports to client after each client contact
- Assist GAS and/or SVP, Sales in the client CBD forecasting process
- 4-year college degree and a minimum of 5 years client service/project management experience mandatory in the healthcare industry OR a combination of 5-10 years experience in a marketing services environment with management responsibilities
- Project management, excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to manage people effectively
- Solid Knowledge of marketing principles, preferably health care marketing
- Demonstrate the ability to apply marketing knowledge to brand building initiatives
- Demonstrate ability to use information and data effectively
- Managed market/care experience a plus
- Experience with or proven ability to manage direct reports
- Works with confidential and sensitive corporate, client, and employee information and must conduct him or herself accordingly
- Provides standard and customized reports to clients at specified intervals
- Adheres to PhRMA, FDA, OIG and ACCME guidelines
- Ensures documentation of CE programs
- Displays professionalism at all times
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to obtain results
- Responds well under pressure, is flexible
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for all agency procedures and workflow
- Implements Hub of the Wheel concept and ensures that team members are adhering to corporate standards
- Attends multiple internal meetings with sales, client services, meeting services, traffic and other key personnel to discuss project status, etc.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality control of client materials and, as appropriate, develop best practices protocols for project teams to facilitate such quality control
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Travel required up to 25%
- Required to be available to work outside the company’s standard work hours