All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Medical Director, Cardiovascular
The core of our client’s pioneering effort in medical education is a thorough understanding of the current science that drives how physicians diagnose and treat, as well as an understanding of the market systems that influence decision making.
Our client has an immediate opening for an Medical Director.
- Provide scientific and clinical expertise at a medical education/communications company
- Provide expertise in therapeutic area
- Strategic, excellent relationship building skills and leadership potential
- Build strong relationships with clinical and research executives in the pharmaceutical industry as well as academic opinion leaders
- Plan and manage scientific presentations and publications
- Help develop medical education programs
- Provide independent medical direction for ongoing and new business activities, with minimal day-to-day direction from manager
- New business pitch preparation activities
- New business presentations
- Manage publication planning activities for assigned accounts
- Problem Solving
- Development of product positioning and messages for new products
- Balancing work quality with timelines
- Prioritization of multiple competing projects
- Managerial Direction
- Make decisions on content and fair balance, in consultation with account management and program management
- Self management to adhere to agreed-upon T&Es and budgets; alert team to potential deviations and overages
- Proactively work with program management and account management to ensure timely delivery of high-quality content
- 2+ years experience in medical education
- CARDIOVASCULAR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences (PharmD, PhD)
- Developing educational concepts and content through critical analysis of data, distilling complex technical information for a variety of medical audiences, working with opinion leaders
- Knowledge of CME procedures
- Writing proposals
- Editing documents
- Clinical research and publication experience is a plus.
- Ability to provide independent medical direction
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, reference database programs such as Refman
- Familiarity or interest in pharmaceutical marketing
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple, parallel projects
- Develop solid understanding of the market and goals advocated by the medical and marketing clients