All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Account Manager / Senior Account Manager
A company the provides Medical Education and Publications services.
Brief Job Summary:
The Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The Account Manager is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the Account Manager will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
Responsibilities with Client
Interdepartmental Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue
- Proactively probe for client needs to determine communications/marketing objectives
- Primary client contact for development of strategic/marketing tactics
- Manage day-to-day client relationship to ensure on-going communication
- Actively seek new business opportunities, and present agency capabilities when appropriate
- Continually develop and maintain knowledge, e.g., industry competition and current events, disease-state developments, consumer trends, and inform Client where appropriate
Project Billing and Reconciliation
- As client liaison, develop project proposals and budgets with internal teams
- Attend weekly client status, new project kick-off, and post-conference debriefing meetings
- Reviews all major deliverables (i.e. project brief, drafts, deliverables, etc.) to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met
- Assist Meeting Planner in the recruitment of faculty for meetings and programs
- Conduit between client, faculty and internal agency departments (medical, editorial, creative) in the development of program content
- Assist in the obtaining and execution of project manuscript(s) and program information from faculty et al
- As client intermediary, initiate development and oversee fulfillment of program materials with internal teams
- Support and maintain internal agency processes
- Provide final approval of project materials prior to client sign-off and production
- Attend on-site and industry meetings, as required
- Support the agency activities of Senior Management, as needed
- Review project profit and loss report and alert client of changes in scope
- Review final billing checklist with Project Manager for final authorization
Key Strengths and Attributes
- Work with project management to develop logical and attainable timelines for project completion
- Foster teamwork to ensure highest quality deliverables and service to internal and external clients
- Build strong client relationships; inspire client confidence
Essential Job Qualifications
- Extremely detail oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment essential
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Computer proficiency on Macintosh OS with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web savvy
- Ability to travel, as needed (est. 2x/month, usually on weekends, about 35 - 40% travel expected)
- Education: BS/BA degree required, life sciences, marketing or communications preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years of pharmaceutical advertising/medical education Account Management experience, and 5-7 years related experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare industries.