All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
A network of highly specialized healthcare marketing companies, all aligned to build brands that dominate.
Skills for Success:
- Provide scientific and clinical expertise at a medical education/scientific communications company.
- Oversee a team of 3-5 medical writers and senior medical directors across multiple indications for a single brand.
- Experience writing and reviewing medical and clinical content.
- Provide expertise in CV and/or thrombosis therapeutic area.
- Related disease/category experience includes AFIB, management of the medically ill, SPAF, ACS and anti-platelet therapy.
- Ability to present data in a strategic and product supportive manner.
- Train staff to provide the same service for their assigned indication.
- Proactivity and leadership skills are critical.
- Take the lead on all new business presentations for the brand and provide support to medical director staff on presentations for both existing and new business presentations.
- Strong relationships with cardiovascular, critical care and hematologists and orthopedic surgeons.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clinical and research executives in the pharmaceutical industry as well as academic opinion leaders.
- Plan, manage and innovate across a broad range of healthcare communications vehicles in print, video and on-line.
- Develop and present clinical "points of view" for on-going activities and as data evolves.
- Independently manage assigned medical staff including all performance and compensation related tasks and discussions with minimal input from manager.
- Deep understanding of financial management associated with agency deliverables.
- Responsibility for on-going training of assigned medical team members.
- Development of product positioning and scientific messaging for products and indications in development.
- Ability to analyze and categorize data in a product supportive manner with foresight and consideration of future data needs.
- Capability to draw from past experience and apply learning to project at hand.
- Capability to foresee data and or communication related issues and ability to manage the likely consequences proactively.
- Balancing work quality with timelines.
- Ability to manage difficult client related and employee related issues to a mutually satisfactory result.
- Prioritization of multiple competing projects.
- Ability to understand and apply principles of financial management to assignments.
- Make decisions on content and fair balance, in consultation with account management.
- Self management to adhere to agreed-upon T&Es and budgets; alert team to potential deviations and overages.
- Proactively work with program coordination and account management to ensure timely delivery of high-quality content.
- 8-10 years experience in medical education.
- CARDIOVASCULAR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences (PharmD, PhD, MD).
- Developing educational concepts and content through critical analysis of data, distilling complex technical information for a variety of medical audiences, working with opinion leaders.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent proposal writing skills.
- Understanding of editorial process and setting of expectations for editorial staff.
- Clinical research and publication experience is a plus.
- Ability to provide independent senior medical direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, reference database programs such as Refman.
- Affinity for pharmaceutical marketing and familiarity with the drug development and approval process. Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple, parallel projects.
- Develop solid understanding of the market and goals advocated by the medical and marketing clients.