All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Senior Medical Writer
An innovative, medical education agency providing expertise in the fields of hematology/oncology.
Research specialized areas of medical science in order to write, edit, and proofread scientific communications (primarily for physicians and nurse audiences). This position will work with internal & external members of multiple project teams to produce a range of printed and electronic materials that satisfy the needs of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Medical Writer will receive regular guidance on all projects from the Editorial Director.
Research and Information Management
- Research and source appropriate medical literature for editorial projects and proposals utilizing various information sources such as in-house reference library, journal subscriptions, academic libraries, and literature search databases (eg, PubMed)
- Update and maintain in-house reference library and filing systems
- Take briefs from Editorial Director and other colleagues
- Assist with concept development for editorial projects
- Write and edit manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, and other materials that utilize assimilated knowledge of specialized therapeutic areas
- Devise questions and interview physician thought leaders
- Incorporate feedback from internal colleagues, clients, and faculty
- Proofread all editorial work to comply with in-house, client, and/or AMA style guides
- Seek opportunities to develop skills in research, writing, and information technology
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Provide advance notice when timelines are likely to be compromised
- Regular communication with internal project teams and clients
- Play an active role in building and maintaining client confidence and trust
- Assist in the creative development and writing of new business pitches and proposals
- Attend and present at client meetings
- Seize opportunities for organic growth of business and advise colleagues of potential opportunities for new business
Education and Work Experience:
- Attend medical conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards
- Assist with on-site activities (eg, slide review with clients and faculty, set up & logistics)
- Take comprehensive notes during general sessions and breakouts
- Collect any other relevant information (eg, competitor materials at exhibition stands)
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences from an accredited college or university, ideally combined with a Master’s degree, PhD, PharmD, RN, or MD
- PharmD with residency and publication/writing experience or experience in medical or pharmaceutical field strongly preferred
- At least five year’s relevant medical information, communications, or marketing experience required, or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must demonstrate a history of successfully performing the job duties listed above.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.