All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
An international healthcare communications company.
The Medical Writer is responsible for creating and managing content for deliverables specified in, or supportive of, a publication plan. Typical projects may include (but are not limited to) descriptor development, journal articles, scientific posters, slide presentations, medical education programs, & literature analysis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Immersion into available data on the assigned therapeutic area
- Develop understanding of key messages & marketing strategies
- Develop content for projects, consistent with company & client guidelines & with industry best practices
- Ensure all pieces are medically accurate & properly referenced
- Provide direction to external writers, assist with development, editing, & review of content they prepare, & critically evaluate their work
- Make corrections, recommendations, suggestions for content changes
- Work closely with client & external authors as required
- Keeps abreast of current medical information & trends to keep company in forefront of the P3 communications
- Assists in mentoring & providing other staff with education on the medical writing role to help provide additional internal training & assist in the development of additional career paths within the agency, as identified by the VP, Scientific Services & Director, Scientific Services
- Required: advanced biomedical science degree
- 3+ years of medical writing in one of the P3 areas of expertise (Provider, Patient, Payor)
- Demonstrated ability to develop & finish complex review articles
- Familiarity with clinical study reports & raw data tables
- Understanding of industry best practices & editorial style guides, including AMA Manual of Style
- Specific product or therapeutic area experience within hematology is required - hemophilia experience is a plus
- Expert written & oral communication, particularly ability to synthesize, analyze, & convey complex subject matter clearly & engagingly
- Must be proficient in use of all MSOffice programs
- Capability to strategize & provide publication concepts
- Ability to prioritize & execute multiple tasks & accurately assess needs for support services