All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
SVP /Practice Lead
A firm specializing in health care communications and strategic consulting in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Our client is actively looking for a SVP/Practice Lead to lead a new division.
The SVP/Practice Lead will be an important part of the firm’s core practice training business. He/she will grow our market share in the pharmaceutical training space as well as act as a liaison between client and others to achieve total client satisfaction and internal efficiency. This person will possess in-depth pharmaceutical or healthcare training experience and will be recognized externally as a thought-leader by both pharmaceutical life science clients and peers in the pharmaceutical training space.
Practice responsibilities will include:
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE /PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Represent company as the strategic practice lead
- P and L responsibilities for the entity
- Build off an existing comprehensive strategy for company to develop growth and expansion opportunities for training services.
- Manage client projects with internal teams and external clients.
- Manage direct reports
- Represent company at industry sponsored events including SPBT
- Create and implement industry-specific training resources for clients.
- A minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical training experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of sales/business development with a proven track record
- Pharmaceutical experience with knowledge of managed markets and professional services processes preferred
- Proven ability to assess client needs and develop strategic training recommendations.
- Experience working effectively on cross-functional teams with top decision makers.
- A persuasive presence and exceptional communication skills.
- Superb team building skills, and influence skills capabilities.
- An extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and well under pressure.
- Ability to establish immediate market and functional credibility among his/her peers.
- A passion for excellence and the desire to have a significant impact on his/her clients’ businesses, and the organization as a whole.
- The highest standards of integrity, ethics, honesty and credibility.
- Making Complex Decisions - Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Creating the New and Different - Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data.
- Focusing on Action and Outcomes - Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
- Being Organizationally Savvy - Maneuvers well to get things done; maze bright; knows where to go to get what he/she needs; politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do is; presents views and arguments well.
- Getting Work Done Through Others - Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
- Communicating Effectively - Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Acting with Honor and Character - Is a person of high character; is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs; deals and talks straight; walks his/her talk; is direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences.
- An appropriate BA or BS degree is required
- An advanced degree is highly preferred (MBA, MS, PhD, etc.)