All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Strategic Account Executive
Our client is a leader in developing strategic marketing and continuing medical education initiatives for medical professionals. They are strategically aligned with multiple best in class specialty companies in the areas of interactive media, internet programming and market research. Our client specializes in consulting and partnering with pharmaceutical and health care organizations in the development and distribution of innovative custom communication solutions. They offer a unique entrepreneurial working environment with the professional resources to deliver innovative scientific programming with a flare.
The primary responsibility includes a strong ability to communicate and consult with marketing, medical, sales, education, and training associates and managers within the pharmaceutical/ healthcare marketplace. Position will consult with product marketing teams in the development of cost effective communications strategies to educate and change behavior of a defined target audience. This position will also develop and present business proposals to existing marketing and medical clients in order to expand our existing client business. This role is responsible for managing client expectations, physician opinion leaders, and strategic partners along with collaborating with operations and scientific affairs teams in fulfillment of multiple projects.
- Build and expand relationships with Product/Brand Associates and Managers as well as Clinical Faculty of Fortune 100 pharmaceutical and health care companies.
- Define, develop and fulfill creative communication marketing and medical education strategies, including: consultant/advisory strategies, video/audio conferences, live meeting events, publication/print programs, and various other direct communication strategies.
- Develop and implement sales targeting plan and strategic business forecast leading to improved sales revenue
- Liaise with client and internal team on defining expectations and meeting business targets for defined client customer.
- Lead the development of client relationships in existing accounts
- Develop a deep understanding of product lifecycle models, communication offerings, product marketing, and competitive/external environmental factors
- Lead the team in strategic planning for a therapeutic product class, product or disease area. Responsible for brand planning, calls with AORs, and proactive account recommendations
- Define, negotiate and manage issues provided by internal team or client
- Develop, communicate and manage business forecasts and client targets within assigned existing client base
- Work within cross functional teams to translate strategy into goals/tasks for implementation
- Develop, present and execute marketing strategies and proposals for existing clients.
- Liaise with client to define project specifications and milestones
- Consult with Client Services to define and fulfill project within goals, timelines, budget, and staffing requirements
- Coordinate with Client Services and Scientific Affairs management on defining internal team and responsibilities
- Review internal status reports prepared by Client Services and Finance teams
- Monitor project and team results against client expectations
- Manage with Client Services the documentation of clients’ project change requests
- Coordinate with the Account Manager on fiscal/budgetary obligation throughout the multiple projects for the assigned clients
- Educate the team on any special rules and expectations client may have relating to the business being conducted
- Become well educated in the appropriate regulatory and governmental environments impacting client and projects
- Update all corporate finance documents for new account forecasts and existing account non-secured forecasts
- Develop proposals and budget estimates for new accounts.
This position requires a person with a high energy level, strong written and verbal communications and comfortable interfacing with multiple client levels. This position requires the ability to multitask and manage multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. In addition the following skills are required:
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Client relationship management
- Client oriented with focus on sales results
- Sound judgment and reasoning
- Superior interpersonal abilities that can manage diverse personalities
- Participative management style-advocate of team concept
- Well-organized and strong multitasking skills to juggle project responsibilities and sales responsibilities
- Project management skills
- College degree (advance degree a plus) with 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the medical education, pharmaceutical marketing and/or pharmaceutical advertising. Existing clients or relationships that could expand existing or potential into new business opportunities is a plus.
- Strong talent in communication, relationship building and team management
- Impeccable client and project management in order to maintain and grow business in existing clients
- Knowledge and creativity to consult and develop strategic marketing and educational programs
- Proven sales experience, product management or client management experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of current OIG and PhRMA guidelines
- Proven project management and organizational skills; flexibility; ability to manage multiple tasks in conjunction with normal job activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; working knowledge of the Internet and resourceful thinking abilities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations