All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Director, Business Development
A provider of medical education and communication services to the healthcare industry.
The Director, Business Development will be part of the sales team, responsible for developing new business opportunities and managing the accounts of existing and prospective clients among an assigned roster of companies. The BD will sell all services of the division, including; meetings, virtual (webconference) meetings, ePortals, learning modules, the SDX platform, and other services. Position will report to General Manager/VP.
- These include sales and target client planning, execution of sales plans to generate new revenue and attain sales goals, product and industry knowledge, proposal development and execution, and participating in professional meetings and conventions as appropriate. Specific responsibilities include
- Analyzing industry activity and developing an annual business plan, as well as Key Account Plans. Participate with management in the development and implementation of the sales and marketing plan, which will include forecasting and client roster objectives.
- Planning and implementing account strategies for all appropriate clients, identifying and anticipating client challenges, and providing solutions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage programs from creation, negotiation and contracting to execution.
- Identify new business sales opportunities and establish new relationships through interaction with key players at targeted major pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO clients.
- Maintain records, and utilize CRM system as implemented.
- Develop customized proposals for clients based on their objectives, desired tactics and budget parameters.
- Further develop existing professional level of knowledge in clinical trials to serve as a basis for providing "value added" expanded services to all appropriate clients.
- Participate in periodic updates to management and Business Development team of activities among assigned accounts, including urgent and important issues. Ensure effective communication for successful information sharing and integration of global Business Development efforts.
- Maintain effective internal contact with operational management to assess and ensure customer satisfaction, project progress, and timely successful proposals.
- Attending national/global meetings/conventions as needed.
- Ability to travel 25% of time on average.
- B.S. or B.A degree in Science related field, Business or Marketing Knowledge of biotech, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industry, with minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in clinical trials or related healthcare business development preferred; (Can include CRO, EDC, other clinical research/technology related roles) consideration given to biotech/pharmaceutical and other healthcare services sales roles.
- Must be highly motivated and sales driven, proven success in achieving business development goals
- Strong business acumen
- Financial negotiating skills.
- Ability to network, including cold calling, to create new business sales opportunities with targeted pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO and related clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present to major pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO clients
- Understands the importance of selling to teams and team decision making within key clients.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management and problem solving skills
- Intensive drive towards client acquisition and sales revenue goals
- Affinity for digital technology, such as websites, ePortals, webconferencing, multimedia, information systems and social media, and experience with MS Office applications.