All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Quality Control Specialist
An international healthcare communications company.
To provide professional, reliable, and time-flexible support for editing of promotional and publications materials in a small, fast-paced health communications agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform editorial services, including
- fact checking
- In Quality Control Manager’s absence, coordinate & manage department’s work & resources
- Required: US-equivalent bachelor’s degree
- Desirable: Concentration in biomedical science
- 5+ years in health communications
- Work with promotional materials; publications experience a plus
- Ability to turn work around quickly
- Good computer skills; facility with Adobe Acrobat a plus
- Understanding of biomedical concepts & terminology
- High comfort level with complex scientific data a plus
- Knowledge of AMA Manual of Style is a plus
- Normal workday: Monday-Friday; 9:00am-5:30pm (or supervisor-approved FlexTime schedule), but, based on immediate project needs, hours likely will, on occasion, extend substantially later into the night and may include the odd weekend assignment
- Sit & work at a computer for long periods
- Read type sizes as small as 6 point
- PCs, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat