All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Senior Medical Writer
Work At Home
An innovative, medical education agency providing expertise in the fields of hematology/oncology.
Research specialized areas of medical science in order to write, edit, and proofread scientific communications (primarily for physicians and nurse audiences). This position will work with internal & external members of multiple project teams to produce a range of printed and electronic materials that satisfy the needs of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Medical Writer will receive regular guidance on all projects from the Editorial Director.
Research and Information Management
- Research and source appropriate medical literature for editorial projects and proposals utilizing various information sources such as in-house reference library, journal subscriptions, academic libraries, and literature search databases (eg, PubMed)
- Update and maintain in-house reference library and filing systems
- Take briefs from Editorial Director and other colleagues
- Assist with concept development for editorial projects
- Write and edit manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, and other materials that utilize assimilated knowledge of specialized therapeutic areas
- Devise questions and interview physician thought leaders
- Incorporate feedback from internal colleagues, clients, and faculty
- Proofread all editorial work to comply with in-house, client, and/or AMA style guides
- Seek opportunities to develop skills in research, writing, and information technology
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Provide advance notice when timelines are likely to be compromised
- Regular communication with internal project teams and clients
- Play an active role in building and maintaining client confidence and trust
- Assist in the creative development and writing of new business pitches and proposals
- Attend and present at client meetings
- Seize opportunities for organic growth of business and advise colleagues of potential opportunities for new business
Education and Work Experience:
- Attend medical conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards
- Assist with on-site activities (eg, slide review with clients and faculty, set up & logistics)
- Take comprehensive notes during general sessions and breakouts
- Collect any other relevant information (eg, competitor materials at exhibition stands)
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences from an accredited college or university, ideally combined with a Master’s degree, PhD, PharmD, RN, or MD
- PharmD with residency and publication/writing experience or experience in medical or pharmaceutical field strongly preferred
- At least five year’s relevant medical information, communications, or marketing experience required, or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must demonstrate a history of successfully performing the job duties listed above.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.