All fees are paid by our clients. Our
services are free to applicants.
Manager, Speakers Bureau
An innovative, full service medical education agency.
Responsible for directing the activities of the
Speakers Bureau to
develop and implement successful pharmaceutical promotional programs
client(s) by performing the following duties in a timely manner and
department/company standard operating procedures, personally or through
position supports the Accounts Services Department with effective
relations and process development to meet and exceed client needs. This position also works
closely with members
of the management team of both client(s) and company.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned.
- Manages Speakers Bureau Staff to schedule programs by
planning, assigning and directing their daily activities.
- Performs Account Executive duties including client
project budget management. Interacts directly with client contacts and
sales management to proactively address client needs and resolve client
issues in a timely manner.
- Assumes role of first-line "go-to" person for escalated
departmental issues and problem solve in line with organization’s goals
- Generates accurate monthly finance reports for clients and
- Generates and/or develops additional database reports (as
requested) by clients or company.
- May assist management with revenue forecasting.
- Liaises with Compliance Manager to ensure proper guidelines
- Liaises with Compliance Manager and Accounting Manager to
appropriate contracts and W-9s are received to facilitate processing
all fees and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Works closely with IT on web and database development for
new and existing clients and to meet departmental needs.
- Conducts weekly staff meeting.
- Develops and maintains budget for department.
- Interviews and hires new staff members; may train as needed.
- Manages workload of department and suggests solutions, as
- Travels to client meetings as necessary.
- Responsible for accuracy of all deliverables developed by
the Assistant Manager, Speakers Bureau.
- Understands and can educate staff on PhRMA and OIG
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees
Speakers Bureaus in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Travel Requirements: Requires ability to travel 10% of the
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from
college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must
be able to learn AMA, FDA and PhRMA policies and guidelines and be able
to explain to participants.
- Technical Skills: To perform this job successfully, an
should have knowledge of general office equipment (telephone, fax,
computer, copier, printer, scanner, etc.)and a thorough knowledge of
audio conferencing and audio/visual equipment technologies and
terminologies. An individual should also have a thorough knowledge of
database, word processing, email, and spreadsheet softwares and ability
to learn various other software applications; Internet; and a thorough
knowledge of how to troubleshoot problems/Websites.
- Physical demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand,
walk, sit, and use hads to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.