All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Our client is a marketing agency that helps build healthcare brands that patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals feel confident turning to and recommending when they are sick, in need, or helping others.
The Copy Supervisor is a key member of a team comprised of top-notch creative talent collaborating to produce work in a variety of media that effectively expresses the brand voice for our clients with creative distinction. The Copy Supervisor takes charge of the copy and shares responsibility for coordinating resources (staff and freelance writers.) and works with medical editors to ensure complete medical accuracy.
The Copy Supervisor is the editorial lead on large-scale projects or is the creative lead on projects that are copy-intensive. The Copy Supervisor may be the lead writer for an assignment or supervise other writers and provide up-front guidance, editing feedback and final approval for copy on projects. A Copy Supervisor reports to the SVP, Editorial Operations, but also is responsive to the Creative Director on assigned brands. The Copy Supervisor must own brand voice and messaging strategies and represent the importance of medical referencing for all copy. The Copy Supervisor also works with the Health Regulatory Review Managers to ensure an effective submission to Medical-Legal-Regulatory review committees and must be able to defend editorial content when under review by the client’s Medical/Legal group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Produce Excellent Creative Work
- Collaborates with the Art Director and/or User Experience Specialist to develop strategically sound solutions under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Accurately interprets strategic and creative briefs
- Articulates the benefits of the recommended creative execution
- Responsible for the quality and completeness of source material
- Utilizes resources such as the Medical Director, Senior Medical Editors, Researchers, strategic documents, and focus groups to validate the creative or editorial approach
- Maintains continuity of style on long-term projects
- Advise Marketing and Delivery Management on budget, timeline and final deliverables so as to manage client expectations
- Supervise staff and freelance writers
- Enforce version-control on all editorial content
- Enforce rigorous referencing standards on all engagements
- Ensure compliance with Med/Legal processes
- Identify and evaluate writing talent for assignments
- Supervise the Copy Team
- Provides training and mentoring for less-experienced Writers
- Lead the reviewing of all copy documents before they are submitted to the client, including initial copy for marketing review as well as prepared manuscripts and finished pieces for medical/legal review
- Maintain Professional Demeanor
- Responds to immediate or unexpected writing and editing assignments as they arise
- Maintains a respectful attitude towards all coworkers and clients
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in an editorial or advertising capacity (preferably both) are required
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory position is desirable
- Advanced editing skills are required
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical healthcare marketing is a must
- Proven ability to write in interactive is a must
- Experience with principles of interactive information architecture and navigation is a plus
- Working knowledge of print, video, and audio production is also necessary
- The ability to communicate creative direction effectively to other writers, either verbally or in writing, is required
- Must have research skills
- Must be capable of meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work on multiple assignments over a given time period
- Must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word software.