All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Our client is a full-service medical and health-care communications and education company. They develop strategic educational initiatives and implement a broad spectrum of activities including live symposia, scientific editorial content, newsletters, audioteleconferences, speaker-bureaus, patient information, and synchronous and asynchronous Web and multi-media programming activities.
Our client is currently seeking a Medical Director who can provide high level clinical/scientific insight and strategic input in specific therapeutic categories and participates in new business development activities as needed. The Medical Director provides the internal team with high-level clinical and scientific insight into specific therapeutic areas. The Medical Director’s input will allow the internal team to plan effective educational strategies to produce high quality and clinically relevant continuing education programs. The Medical Director will oversee all aspects of content development in assigned therapeutic areas, including its review, to ensure its scientific and clinical integrity. This may include some medical writing. The Medical Director participates in the planning and presentation of new business activities.
- Proven writing and presentation skills
- Broad-based knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, medical marketing, and/or healthcare communications
- Creativity and strategic thinking
- Familiarity with AMA writing style
Education and Experience
- Participate in strategic planning activities for new and current business
- Oversee content development in selected therapeutic areas
- Have/develop a comprehensive understanding of all assigned therapeutic areas, including the marketplace and current and anticipated treatments
- Stay abreast of the current published literature in assigned therapeutic areas
- MD, PhD or PharmD (clinical background a plus)
- Broad-based knowledge of pharmaceuticals
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong organizational and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work in high performing team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills