All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
A firm specializing in health care communications and strategic consulting in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Department And Position Overview:
The Copywriter/Senior Copywriter’s primary responsibility is to provide full copy support for assigned agency accounts. Job responsibilities will include researching and developing material for multiple pharmaceutical clients and biotech business projects, participation in strategic development and brainstorming sessions; and writing on a broad range of therapeutic and promotional areas.
The Copywriter/Senior Copywriter performs independent research and works with a variety of scientific materials to develop a range of pieces for professional, industry and patient audiences, as well as sales force training pieces.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Education or Equivalent:
- Writes and edits engaging, relevant, original copy
- Participates in strategic, creative brainstorming sessions that produce innovative, medically-sound ideas
- Performs independent research and works with a variety of scientific materials to develop a range of promotional and informational pieces
- Helps to build and maintain reference library for copy group
- Prepares materials for med-legal submission
- Works as part of agency team to achieve the client’s objectives through strategically sound concepts and impactful message strategies
- Works closely with AD, Client Services, and Production personnel on assigned accounts to produce effective themes, campaigns, etc
- Maintains consistently high standards of writing with minimal supervision
- Uses presentation skills to enhance the agency-client relationship
- Proactively monitors the progress of assigned projects through each phase of development, i.e., research, draft, layout, and production
- Participates in client-agency meetings, when appropriate
- Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients
- Ensures brand-specific style is consistent throughout jobs
- Directs appropriate queries to creative and/or medical director
- Assesses day to day copywriting needs and alerts supervisor to coverage gaps within the agency
- BA in English or life sciences
- 3-5 years of agency/medical writing experience.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and a strong command of the English language
- Proficient in American Medical Association (AMA) style
- Familiarity with FDA/DDMAC regulations and guidelines
- Established editing and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
- High-level interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively