All fees are paid by our clients. Our services are free to applicants.
Director, Business Development
A provider of medical education and communication services to the healthcare industry.
The primary role for this position is to target opportunities, qualify prospects, and develop sales presentations that culminate with the creation of new clients. This position will be reporting into the Vice President & General Manager and will be based in the Midwest of the United States.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, establish, and develop new business opportunities through networking at assigned major pharmaceutical, biotechnology and drug delivery companies and conduct similar activities with current and past clients generating fee based revenue
- Secure fully executed documents relating to ability to open, begin work and invoice new jobs (eg, signed SOWs, task orders, job request forms, POs, etc) and ensure all documents are saved appropriately to the drive and forwarded to all appropriate team members
- Lead project transition from "sales" phase to "open" status by working collaboratively with VP/Sr Director, Account Manager and PM to create project rollout form and conduct project start up meeting with appropriate team members
- Lead client presentations and the development of proposals
- Travel as needed, approximately 20 to 25%
- Must have a proven track record of selling medical communication services, particularly high-volume medical education services, through web conferencing and live meetings, in addition to providing account service support to our clients
- Experience with relevant therapeutic areas an advantage. Key areas of concentration would include but not be limited to Primary Care/Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Cardiology, Psychiatry, Neurology, Endocrinology, Oncology/Hematology, Gastroenterology, Pediatrics and Pulmonary
- Should be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and possess a clear focus on high quality and business profitability
- Must possess natural forward planning skills to critically assess self-performance, maturity, and credibility
- Must be comfortable in dealing with senior pharmaceutical executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present to clients. Must be an empathic communicator and able to see things from the other person’s point-of-view
- A bachelor’s degree is required with advanced degree a plus